PFD Impending Price Increases 1st April 2019
CCI members have benefited from PFD absorbing pricing increases for the past 12 months. As we come to the end of this time, we would like to alert our members to the impending increases that will take effect on April 1st, 2019.
It is important to note
- only 27% of total basket lines have incurred an increase in price, out of 724 items
- a 2.1% increase overall on the CCI basket of goods, is the result of the 2019 versus 2018 price review.
The following product increases are noteworthy:
2.5 KG (3) MARMALADE KRAFT +89.62%
5 KG (3) BASMATI RICE CALICO + 50.93 %
415 G(12) PINK SALMON +47.84%
415 G(12) RED SALMON +35.17 %
500 G(6) TOMATO PASTE +32.88%
FULL CREAM MILK POWDER CAN +30.31%
COOKING CREAM CHEESE BLOCK +27.95%
12.5 KG SELF RAISING FLOUR +26.95%
400 ML(24) COCONUT MILK +26.09%
375 G(6) SMOOTH PEANUT BUTTER +21.38%
OVEN ROASTED TURKEY 1/2 BREAST +21.29%
2 KG(8) CREAM CHEESE +20.92%
25 KG PLAIN FLOUR +18.13%
2 L(6) GOLD N CANOLA OIL +18.02%
400 ML(24) COCONUT CREAM +17.86%
CCI has embarked on a thorough due diligence process to ensure all of these increases can be substantiated and reflect price movements in the resources and market places in which they pertain.More information is available to explain what has impacted on the prices of these particular products, upon request.
CCI will continue to review the offering of all our suppliers with a view to maximising the benefits of ‘group purchasing volume’ to keep pricing as low as possible for our members. Where pricing has to increase, CCI will complete its due diligence process as well as seeking to negotiate value adds that mitigate these increases to our members.
CCI members will continue to benefit from the following value adds from PFD:
- Introduction of specific Quality Standards that are measurable.
- A communication plan that tracks performance, both site based for operational compliance and at a corporate level to track compliance, which links back to the Service Agreement.
- CCI members have the opportunity to be first to access innovations in product from PFD.
- Prices remain relatively stable for 12 months, with many increases being absorbed by PFD during this time rather than being passed on to our members. NB: where market pressures drive large increases, such as that experienced with full fat dairy products in 2018, price adjustments are passed on to members after a thorough review, in line with the marketplace at that time.
Please contact your PFD representative for full details and or Carolyn Rayner
~ Carolyn@CCIGroupPurchasing.org.au ; phone: 0448 868 612.